Home

Wednesday 9 December 2015

WOYWW 340 - The mad dash towards Christmas.

Happy Wednesday. Joining in with the blog hopping that is WOYWW. You can find info here at Julia's blog. Do join in the fun!!

I can't believe its just over 2 weeks till the big day - I feel I need at least another 2 months! At least I got a head start on the christmas cards by joining the monthly Christmas Card Club at the Artistic Stamper this year. Every month (since January) we make 5 cards (or at least get the materials to make 5 cards). Sometimes we get chatting and only 2 or 3 are made. Its all good fun and as I said its given me a head start - which I need as I haven't made nearly enough to send out. But time is running out so all my plans for fancy cards are out the window and I'm resorting to a few simple stamped images as you can see from the task in progress on my desk.




The snowman stamp is an old favourite of mine - its from Funstamps and I've had it for years. I used Dylusions to colour some of them which are great when the waterbrushes filled with them don't leak - which they are doing at the moment. I just don't want the mess and the hassle so I will resort to my Lyra pencils for the rest of them. He will be layered on an embossed snowflake background courtesy of cuttlebug. I may just emboss the whole card to save time. Who knows.

There is also a painted polar bear awaiting decopatch papers, a commission from my sister for her friend. The card on the stand is a birthday card for a friend - its an Artistic Stamper stamp coloured with my Lyra pencils (just loving my Lyras). It was made at a very intensive workshop with Jennie at the Artistic Stamper on Saturday where we made 12 cards in just over 1.5 hours. It was a marathon but a good workshop. I may show you the other cards another time but for now as its late I will just show you the cards we have made so far this year at the Christmas Card Club.




We have our last session for this year tomorrow and Jennie has said we will be doing 12 cards in 2 hours. Based on the number of cards completed in some of the previous weeks we may still be there at midnight!!

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by. I will visit you all this week - even if it takes me all week to do so!!!

Lizzie.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some going making all those cards in such a short time!! Hope the next workshop goes ok too! I bet you'll enjoy the colouring in of those snowmen...that box of pencils you had at the crop was amazing :-)
    And why did you have to say that it's only just over two weeks until Christmas....there's not enough time!!
    Hugs, LLJ 16 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good going! Have fun - it sounds a great idea too. I can't think where this year has gone, it's been too rapid! I am going to be so busy tomorrow, buying the gifts I should have bought weeks ago, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.